Saturday, November 3, 2012

1 MORE WEEK!


 
This morning it was a chilly 30 something in Asheville!  I got up a little later thanks to the darkness and the cold (and the hubs being home for the morning) and headed to my last Saturday run before the race.  I was alone, one of those weekends everyone had some different Saturday schedules.
 
This week has been a bit tough, my mind has played some games along with the weather!  All week my leg has hurt, its been a little swollen, breathing hasn't been the best, a cold came around, and my right abdominal region started to hurt.  These are things I never used to worry about, but now I am no longer the healthy 31 year old that runs marathons, I am the healthy 31 year old that runs marathons but has a history of a massive blood clot.  I have learned to take it easy though and see how it goes, nothing has gotten worse so I keep on going. 
 
This morning was my last Saturday taper before race week, 8 miles, and it felt amazing!  I love running in the cold once I get started, my leg loves it too!  And I got to look at this sunrise for about 4 miles!
 
So now I sit and look ahead, I am a week away from the day I have been training for since 18 weeks ago, the day I have longed for since 2.5 years ago, and the day that I thought may never come again. 
 
I am thankful, I am so nervous, I am so excited, I am so blessed!
 
A couple prayer requests (small ones at that):
 
That my leg holds up
That the weather stays cool (preferably nothing above 55:-)
That my mind not get the best of me
And that I NEVER forget to say thank you for each step I take!
 
All the way my Savior leads me, cheers each winding path I tread!

No comments:

Post a Comment