Wednesday, November 7, 2012

2 Miles. Really?

Tonight my training plan called for a 2 mile run, yep two! And yes in third grade I nervously misspelled the word two in the spelling bee, and I cried! So tonight, being a good follower of the plan, I set out to run two miles, four loops around the neighborhood, BORING!

I will confess, as I got dressed I was debating the worth of this run. In fact it took me longer to get all my clothes on than it did to run, four boring circles around the neighborhood with the dog!  But as I ran it came to me, this was huge, yep this two mile run was huge!  

As I rounded the last corner tears came to my eyes.  Not because i was crying from boredom or crying from fatigue, but because I realized that a couple years ago I was longing to run two miles and I couldn't run two feet.  I was terrified that I may never run again.P

So tonight, I ran two miles, it started out dull but ended in a wave of emotions.  18 weeks of training has gone by and this two mile run was my shortest but one of my most meaningful runs.  I would have done anything to run those two miles years ago, and tonight they wrap up training to run 26.2 miles on Saturday, God is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment