Saturday, October 27, 2012

Ah the Taper!


 
Well, I have officially made it, to the taper!  I'm not usually good about the taper, I get stir crazy, but this time, I am thrilled!  My leg is ready for a break before the big day in 2 weeks!  I can't believe it!
 
 
I have now run two 18 mile runs.  The first one rocked, the second one was tough but I had great company!  I decided against 20 miles due to the recovery time of my leg.  Its all about heart at that point anyway!
 
So here I am 2 weeks from the day I have longed for.  And here are some thoughts:
1. I am at the point where 3 mile runs are harder than 12!
2. I have now run farther than I ever dreamed since having Will
3. I have enjoyed friends and family during many runs
4. My leg is making it, swollen but getting it done
5. Asheville decided to get hot this week and scared me until I saw the cold for next week!  I need cold on race day!
6. God is good, all the time!
 
I am so excited and nervous all the same, but I know that it will be mostly a mind game, and that no matter what, I have accomplished more than I ever imagined with this leg!

No comments:

Post a Comment