Sunday, January 9, 2011

2 Miles is better than No miles!!!

Sunny Sunday morning. 27 degrees. Wind blowing. Cramped but compressed nonetheless! Home from church with a sick little guy. Haven't been for a run for days since we have been on our own and he has been sick. This morning Austin was home and for my sanity I needed to go exercise and so did our Pit!

Bundled up (it might have taken me at least 30 minutes to get all of my compression stuff and winter stuff on) Lindy and I headed out. I set my mind to go for a short walk/run since I just needed to get out. I have learned to leave my GPS at home, I don't count miles unless I am on a marked trail so today I assume it was about 2 miles. Boy was it cold, got some strength training in going against the wind!

It was wonderful, my leg still swelled up and hurt but it was better, I was able to run the entire way with the exception of about 1,000 pee stops for Lindy, one of which occured about 5 feet from the top of a huge hill that I had "sprinted" up! I know it wasn't any more than 2 miles but at this point I was just thrilled to get out and go. I thank the Lord for two legs that move and to just be alive!

No comments:

Post a Comment