Monday, April 29, 2013

The Last Hurrah....Maybe

Yep it's been a while.....but the good news, I'm still running.....Alot!

A long while back I signed up for the Biltmore 15k on May 19th.  I love the race and haven't run it for a while.  I also knew it would be a good race to put on the calendar to keep me running through winter.  But then along cam a very enticing trail race....The Cradle to the Grave 30k with promising views and a fairly flat course other than the 900 foot climb to take in the views, but mild for Western NC.  Problem, race day May 18th!   After some thought I decided what the heck, not running for time, I've always wanted to comp,tee a longer distance trail run.  So I'm in, for both!  27 plus miles in two days... I'm training as if running a marathon.

I'm excited for this challenge, and I'm looking at it as a possible last hurrah.  We are hoping to add to our family soon and it is always unsure with my syndrome as to what running will look like after another pregnancy.  So why not:-)

A couple things: I have gotten faster, I cam climb hills and mountains (although fast no linger applies on these), and I'm enjoying the push to accomplish something I've never done before.  Here we go, it's taper time.

No comments:

Post a Comment